Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Obasan to Hot Mama #7 (My Slimming Journey - Losing 16kg in 3 months) - The Last Lap

Finally!

It's the last Lap now! 

But I have to confess, as time passes the temptation grows too. It seems that my body is struggling madly with its desire to eat other food.. Haha so it's really about how strong your determination and will power are. 

Please give me some applauses for staying firm so far! Hahaha... 

Losing 12kg in 2 months is no longer a myth! It is not impossible as I had made it happened! On 12/07/2013, I was 63.4kg and now I am 51.3kg! 

I have friends giving me their blessings and feeling happy for my weight loss. But I also have friends and family members telling me 'you are very thin already, can stop this diet already'.

No offence k, if I had sounded defensive or rude by retaliating that 'I was even slimmer before.' I know you all care for me but rest assured that I am losing weight the healthy way. I am not starving myself, but just eating healthily and not overeating. So don't worry! Just cheer me on k? 

Lately there are friends enquiring about this slimming programme but unsure if they can follow through. Having browsed my menu, you may feel it's impossible to sustain, but actually it is not that tough at all. 

But first of all, you must be have a strong reason why you want to embark on this slimming programme. It can be any of these valid reasons:
1. I am upset with what I see in the mirror
2. I want to be healthier
3. I want to improve my fertility
4. I want to feel less lethargic and more energetic 

Yes, since acupuncture is a traditional way of improving blood circulation, removing body toxins and regulating your body system to maximize it's functionality, this slimming programme actually helps to make you healthier and increase in your energy level. 

I also understand from my therapist that being overweight sometimes affect fertility too. She shares many successful stories of those infertile clients after undergoing this regime to slim down, they conceive very easily. So if u have fertility issue, it's a option to consider too. Last but not least, if u hate what you see in the mirror, then it's time to shred off those 'extras' and become a more pretty and confident you :) 

Menu Time again! So what had I ate these few weeks? Well, I am quite sick of what I had last few weeks so I started to play cheat a bit ^^ 

Ehhh but you have to assess your slimming pace before you decide to play cheat hor! Every individual slim at different pace and every body react differently with different food. So you have to keep trying out the different food in the same category before you decide which customized menu works best for you. 

Actually you are still able to enjoy what you like to eat. Just try to make slight adjustments and choose the varieties that are non-saucy or less oily. 

Home-made sashimi 

Lava Rock Ribeye Steak at Hougang 


Home-made omelet 


Home-made soft boiled eggs


Meatballs from Pizza Hut 
(No whipped potato and no sauce)


Salmon salad at Ichiban Boshi


Meatless minestrone at Soup Spoon
(Remove the pasta)


Casear Salad at Soup Spoon


Yong Tau Fu (from workplace canteen)


Home-made chicken wings
(Remove skin)


Home-made boiled prawns


Home-made stir fry crab and prawns


I had also tried out new fruits for my yoghurt breakfast ;) Yummy!

Non-Fat (Sugarless) Yoghurt with Strawberry


Non-Fat (Sugarless) Yoghurt with Dragonfruit 




See? My menu is getting more interesting right? Kekeke... So I am really not starving myself, while I slim down! 

But of coz, most of the time I still eat simple food like these at home for dinner:
1. Broccoli
2. Dried bean curd
3. Long bean
4. Mushroom
5. Carrot





People had been asking me, so when are you going to stop this diet plan? Seriously I hope it will just be another month but the last 3kg is really too stubborn to lose. I had been staring at the weighing machine everyday and my weight seemed stagnant or simply 'stuck'. Therapist said that usually her other clients had this problem at the earlier stage when there was a short drop in weight and the body started to 'panick' thinking that the owner is sick. However once the body realized the owner is not unwell, it will continue to lose weight. 

But  I am also guilty of not been sleeping well and not sleeping much. Sleep and Water are two big factors that determine the speed of weight loss too. 

So... I have to work hard to sleep earlier :( 
This is my biggest challenge in the programme. So jiayou jiayou jiayou to myself! 

Anyone who wishes to find out more about my slimming programme is welcome to tag along for my next sessions to have a look at how it works ^^

Simply drop me an email, FB msg or whatsapp me if you have my number ;)

Good night!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, may I know the tcm place you visited, is it still there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, may I know the tcm place you visited, is it still there?

    ReplyDelete