Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sicky Mother and Baby...

Was unable to sit up most of the time until today.

Most of my friends should have heard that I was admitted to TTSH on Saturday at 2plus. Yeah, it was another scary experience, and it seemed I had been going in and out of hospital these days :( Haizzz...

It all started with a sore throat on last Wednesday (19/01/2011). I went to get some medicine on Thursday from the company doctor... But it didn't helped me, instead I started a very bad cough. I went to see the polyclinic on Friday and took a Medical Leave.

That fateful night, I started running a high fever. The fever remained persistent till Saturday morning. Since Laogong was still on MC that day (he was admitted to TTSH few days back too but got discharged on the same day), he decided to send me to TTSH A&E for a checkup. By then I was sneezing and coughing non-stop :( With a 38.5 to 39.8 degrees fever...I even started to vomit whenever I eat.

I remained under observation in the A&E until 8.30pm. I was put on drip and injected with anti-vomit medication. Felt better and could eat some food. However, my fever remained high. I was told they review my X-ray again and suspected I had chest infection and the virus had infected my lungs hence the fever was so persistent.

At 8.30pm, when the fever hit 39.4 degree even after medication, Doctor informed me that I need to be warded for 24 hr observation. I was then transferred to the EDTC. I continued to be in a half asleep mode.

Doctor was getting worried, and decided to inject me with some medication to forcefully reduce my temperature. It was only then, my fever was under control. After another dose of antibotic and medication, I was feeling better liao.

At 8.30am on Sunday morning (23/01/2011), Doctor told me I could be discharged. However, I had to be bed-rest for one week and go for my follow up checkup on Saturday at the nearest polyclinic.

I went home and continue to sleep for the day. Was pretty upset about it because had wanted to celebrate Laogong's birthday for him but I was too weak to do anything for him. Sighh...

Today is my third day of rest. Felt better but still quite sick, especially after having to get up at 3am to kept toweling Jamie with ice water. She started a fever on Tuesday afternoon out of a sudden. She was still cheerful in the morning but suddenly had a fever after an afternoon nap. And the fever was persistent too.

It worried us that she might have infected my chest infection but Doctor did not tell me anything about my illness being contagious :( Took her to see my family doctor and he gave her antibiotic.

Jamie was really cute. I was telling her she better eat her medicine if not Doctor will give her a painful injection. And she had been drinking up her medicine without struggling. She got better too after the antibiotic. Initially she was lying lethargically in our arms. But after one dose of medicine, she was already up and playful. However she is still very weak still.

Haizz... sob.. poor Jamie... And poor us... a family of sick people now :(

Thankfully Laogong's recovery rate was really fast.. if not wonder who can take care of me and Jamie :( coz even my helper was feeling sicky yesterday...

Pray that we all recover soon... And can enjoy our CNY...


No comments:

Post a Comment