Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

White Fungus Dessert (Hot/Cold)

Last week, I bought a packet of white fungus soup/dessert ingredients from NTUC. Had always the dessert and the instructions on the packet of ingredients looked really simple, I decided to buy the packet and give it a try.

Frankly, I had always fancy cooking. However since I don't have an oven, nor staying in my own house, hence it will be hard of me to take over the kitchen. But because the new house till TOP in 2Q 2011, hence I had decided to start to learn how to cook from now onwards, so that I can make our own meals next time.

So I am going to start with this white fungus desserts (hot/cold). This is how you make it:

1. Wash the packet of ingredients with tap water and rinse them dry.
2. Boil a pot of 2-3 litres of water.
3. Pour the ingredients into the boiling pot of water.
4. Turn to low fire and let it boil for 2-3 hrs.

If you will like to make it like a soup, you can add in chicken or pork meat too. However, if you like to have it as a dessert, you just need to add rock sugar on top of the packet of ingredients.

When the time is up, you can either drink it hot or put it into the fridge to chill it down. It tastes really nice when it's cold :D

I like it chilled :D

I heard it's really good for pregnant woman, because it helps to build up the lungs for labour. Kids with asthma or cough can take this too to strength the lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment