Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

My Delivery Diary (Belated)

Lolz...

I know it's towards the end of my confinement. I may not be able to remember the details even, but I will try my best with the 'narration'.

Guess most of you know that the decision to C-Sec on 11/11/09 was only made on 10/11/09 itself... And that it was because Jamie is still heads-up, with her little leg stuck engaged. Hence there is a danger of her kicking burst the waterbag resulting in complications if we chose to C-Sec on a later date.

And really~!! It could have happened because Jamie has strong legs... Hahaha...

Anyway, we did up the rest of the baby corner on 10/11/09 and also did a final check on the hospital bag... That night, I remember I cannot sleep. Hence when I checked in at 7am the next morning, even though I was very anxious and excited, I cannot help but dozing off while I waited in the queue to enter the operation room at 9.30am.

Yaa, we have to QUEUE up for the operation~!!! I realized it was because of the date. We did not mean to choose such a nice date for C-Sec but then I believe there are many who chose the date purposefully. And we were lucky to reach TMC before 7am, coz those who came on the dot were all caught in the queue at the patient service counter...

I was told that my operation time should be between 10-10.30am and hence I will be sent to the operation room an hour in advance. I was so early that I did not have much to do and just keep taking photos....






There was this lady whose time slot was at 9.30am. But she was caught in the queue at the patient service counter and only reached the ward at 9am. The nurse was so amazed she was still not ready by 9am. So I guess it's okay to be kiasu...

Anyway, it was a good 1hrs wait (I think, according to my hubby) before it was my turn. And I was half asleep when I was pushed into the operation room. I saw the very nice GA and my gynae who told me it won't be painful and I can just go into my sleep (again)...

Next thing I know, I delivered my baby~!!!

And it was really funny. I remember and my hubby reminded me later as well, that the first thing I opened my eyes was to ask him 'Our baby has big eyes or small eyes?' And after he told me 'Big eyes', I KO for the next few hours.

Hahaha... Yaaa.. Thank goodness, my baby Jamie has BIG eyes, like her mummy :P

See my little mermaid Jamie all wrapped up and fresh from my womb~!!!



When I woke up again, I was in a most uncomfortable state... I had this bad giddiness whenever I turned to my left. What's worse was I was on drip and all tubed up. I was so hungry and yet I cannot eat anything :( Haizzz...

I ended up sleeping most of the time on the first day... I couldn't talked much to whoever visited me and I didn't even know my hubby's colleague came to visit me~!!! Coz I was just KO...

=======================================================================================

The second morning I woke up feeling helpless and giddy and vomited a lot. It was such a bad feeling that I called my hubby and asked if he could come over immediately.

Frankly we were quite lucky. Because there was no more 4 bedder, hence we managed to get a free upgrade to a 2 bedder. And since my bed is nearer to the door, hence it is easier for my visitors as well.

Anyway, my hubby rushed down to see me. I guess every woman, no matter how strong and how independent they are, they will be at their most vulnerable state when they just given birth. There were so much uncertainty and they will be so unsure about whether they can be a good mother. Hence the support from their hubbies will be the most important at this period of time.

We were lucky to have the C-Sec earlier because my hubby then was still able to accompany me everyday at the hospital. However, because we decided to save on the expenses and not get a single bedder, hence he had to run to and fro home everyday.

Anyway, Thanks all the visitors who took time off to visit me. And I felt bad I was not able to talk much to each of them because I was still weak even till the day I discharged. And Thanks for all the lovely presents... I love them all :) And Thanks my dear friends who bought me flowers to make me feel better...because I really quite miserable lying on bed all day back then... feeling giddy...



However, I managed to be off dripped and be on porridge and semi-solid food on the 2nd day and normal confinement food on the 3rd day. Take a look at some of the meals I had during the stay...







========================================================================================

My gynae told me I could be off tube and started walking and going to toilet on my own on the 3rd day...

It was not an easy first step and I had help from my hubby. I felt like a little child who had to learn how to walk again. My legs were weak and I seemed to be off-balance. I felt really giddy... But then I still made it~!!! Because I know I will like to bring my little doll home the following day. Motherly Love is so invincible right?!!

On the forth day when I was discharged, I was still wobbly but then when I had Jamie in my arms, I felt the strength of protecting her and wanting the best for her. And I could walk fairly straight then~!!! Wow...

As I watched her grow up everyday, I really wonder if I can bear to leave her in the care of others and go to work :( Haizzz...

Hee... anyway, lets think of this after CNY~!!! Meantime, I will enjoy my company with my baby doll ;) Take a look at some of her photos when she was born until now...

Isn't she cute?!! Kekeke... I am so in love with my baby girl :P







And take a look at Daddy, Mummy and Our First Family Photo...








No comments:

Post a Comment