Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

We are who we think we are...

Have you ever tried counseling someone?

I had been 'kinda of' constantly doing so for some time because after going through lotsa shit myself, I feel the importance of being there for someone when that person is going through her share of the shit...

Until now, I am still grateful to those who didn't 'let go of me' when i was 'drowning in the pool of shit' (oops.. think it sounds disgusting :X but well.. that's how bad things were...) But at the same time, I am grateful to those who chose to let go of me at the right time...

I realized you need a combination of both types of people around you... to make sure you not only get over the negative feeling but at the same time... wake up your idea...

If we only have one type of friends around you, u will EITHER just spiral down in your negative thoughts and just get worse each day... OR you will feel as if the whole world has deserted you... which will end up be the same as the former situation...

But when is really the right time to let go???

I remembered when that group of friends let go of me... I almost drowned and i was filled with grudges and even more unhappiness... but then, slowly i realized its not so bad to be able to seek peace alone... to reconsider the causes and effects and to really understand what when wrong... and change along the way...

As of now, things seem to work well for me... I don't deny I still get emo and whined ALOT.. But I realized, it took me a much shorter time to snap out of it... Coz I chose how long I allowed myself to whine and then to snap out of it. Because any bit more time spent on whining will be just a waste of time...

AS you can see, it makes me stronger, but at the same time colder in a way... It seems nothing is impossible as long as I will want to make it happen...But at the same time, I realized the magic of empowerment - no one can really force anyone to do anything if you really don't wish to do it. Because it's a matter of choice... We can't force a horse to drink water when it's not thirsty... but we can create a routine for the horse to know when it needs to drink water.. not because it is thirsty but because there may not be a chance to drink after the given timeline...

Chim? Well... try to chew on it... :D But if it's coz of my broken english... ermmm... sorry.. please bear with it...

Sad to say, life's goes on, no matter how happy or sad we choose to live our lives... the earth does not stop spinning when anyone of us drop tears... Not everyone can be Newton and to be able to have an apple dropped on his head when he is under an apple tree... Or comically, not many people are suay to have a durian dropped on your head when u are in a durian plantation either :P

Hence instead of waiting for the world or environment to change for us, we should seize the day and change ourselves instead. Aka, we choose how we want to live our lives...

The Choice is in Our Hands...

If you don't wish to do something, no one can make you do it...

Similarly, we are who we think we are... If you don't believe you can, no one else will believe it either...

No comments:

Post a Comment